Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Beta Testers Wanted for Switchamajig App 2.0!

I'm getting close to releasing version 2.0 of the Switchamajig app. I won't bore you with all of the technical details (I'm really pleased with my increased use of XML), but with the new version you'll be able to:
  • Create and edit your own switch panels. You can customize almost everything about them: size, color, and position. You can also make the switches activate or deactivate any combination of switches on the Switchamajig controller.
  • Show pictures on the switch.
  • Record a sound to play when a switch is activated.
  • Set up the app to be navigated by a person with special needs, not just a caregiver. (My original view of Switchamajig was mostly just for toys, so I made it difficult to change switch panels.)

For example, you can take pictures of a switch-adapted lamp and fan and put them on buttons. Pressing the lamp button will turn the lamp on and say "lamp," while pressing the fan button will turn on the fan and say "fan."

You can also use the app as a simple AAC device, with or without the Switchamajig.



I'm excited that this new version of the app will meet the needs of a lot more people.

I'm looking for beta testers for the app. If you're interested, email me at support@paw-solutions.com. Please let me know how you plan to use the app and if you already own a Switchamajig Controller.

I'm also always open to hearing suggestions from you even if you don't want to beta-test the app. My top three features to add in the future are:
  1. Support for a new product I hope to announce shortly.
  2. Switch scanning support.
  3. A turn-taking feature to allow two iPads to share one toy and help with socialization.

No comments:

Post a Comment